- Tramadol is an opioid pain medication used to treat moderate to moderately severe pain.
- SMB has developed a truly and clinically studied once-daily (24h) product as extended release pellets in hard gelatin capsules with reduced side effects and less food dependence.
- Our product is commercialized in several countries including the US market.
- Malonne H, Sonet B, Streel B, Lebrun S, De Niet S, Sereno A, Vanderbist F. Pharmacokinetic evaluation of a new oral sustained release dosage form of tramadol. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2004 Mar;57(3):270-8.
- Malonne H, Coffiner M, Sonet B, Sereno A, Vanderbist F. Efficacy and tolerability of sustained-release tramadol in the treatment of symptomatic osteoarthritis of the hip or knee: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Clin Ther. 2004 Nov;26(11):1774-82.
- Malonne H, Coffiner M, Fontaine D, Sonet B, Sereno A, Peretz A, Vanderbist F. Long-term tolerability of tramadol LP, a new once-daily formulation, in patients with osteoarthritis or low back pain. J Clin Pharm Ther. 2005 Apr;30(2):113-20.
- Warnke A, Schug B, Vanderbist F, Erbist, Blume H. Significance of the biopharmaceutical properties of tramadol sustained-release formulations for chrono-pharmacologically optimized treatment of pain from various sources. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2009 Jun;47(6):405-12.